Prep time 20 minutes Bake time 15 Min Serves 9
1) 1 450g box PC Butter Puff Pastry (preferably all-butter puff), thawed according to package directions.
2) 1 large apple, cut into 1/4″ pieces.
3) 1/3 cup caramel sauce.
4) Flaky sea salt
1) Place a rack in center of oven; preheat to 425ºF. Unroll or unfold pastry onto a flat work surface. Using a 3″ circular cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible (you should have 18 rounds).
2) Place half of the rounds on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
3) Spoon 1 (heaping) Tbsp. apples into the center of each round, leaving a 1/2″ border.
4) Top apples with 1 (heaping) tsp. caramel sauce and a pinch of sea salt.
5) Brush pastry border with a pastry brush dipped in water and top each filled round with a second pastry round.
6) Using a fork, crimp edges together, sealing each pie well to avoid leakage.
7) Cut a few small slits with a sharp knife in the top of each pie to allow steam to escape.
8) Bake pies, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden brown and puffed, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.